Intermediate Landscape Architect / Designer
Are you interested in collaborating on the design of important community space that has strong social and environmental impact within a fun and vibrant interdisciplinary design studio?
MJMA is seeking an Intermediate Landscape Architect /Designer to join our growing 75-person multidisciplinary Toronto studio. Our need is for a strong creative and technical designer who seeks out the challenge and opportunity to collaborate within a diverse team and client group. MJMA is a highly successful interdisciplinary design studio, delivering unique and complex public projects that elevate the civic experience. These are high innovative projects which engage in all aspects of the social and physical environment.
MJMA has built a practice of strong public realm design within our focused typology of parks / community centres and campus / academic projects. Our landscape team has been delivering park, campus and community space for several years creating a strong portfolio of work that have been completed. Our projects are consistently recognized for achieving design excellence, high user satisfaction, and an elevation and strengthening of the communities they serve. Recipients of the 2016 RAIC Firm Award, our integrated design studio incorporates architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, interior design, digital practice, community engagement, and environmental graphic design, all aimed at delivering full service, holistic design solutions.
Our practice is a collaborative and dynamic work environment, interested in pursuing innovation in social / inclusive programming, technological advancements, and sustainable leadership. We are committed to fostering a vibrant studio culture, creating a great place to work, and to ensure professional growth for every individual. We are currently operating in a flexible, hybrid office working model.
What You Will Do:
Through the direction of the Senior Landscape Architect, the candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the firm’s Partners, Senior Associates, Directors, and each project team – the focus of the position is on the collaborative design and technical execution of projects – in order to successfully meet design intent and project goals.
We are interested in someone who is passionate for developing Landscape Architectural design and details with innovation, creativity, rigor, and independence while collaborating with and learning from others. Strong collaborative skills are critical and the desire to grow and learn is essential.
What You Bring:
- Work and collaborate closely with multiple project teams with strong organizational and communication skills;
- Participate in all design stages for integrated design practice;
- Prepare municipal approvals drawings and tender drawing packages including construction details and specifications;
- Possess strong technical and detailing ability with construction knowledge and construction administration experience as well as local standards;
- Assist in preparation and production of design package and presentation materials including community engagement, design report; and
- Commitment to contemporary design and detailing, aligning with MJMA’s design sensibilities
- Graduate of a recognized professional landscape architecture program, Diploma in Architectural Technology, A Degree/Diploma in Landscape Architecture/Design;
- Minimum three years of post-graduate work experience in Landscape architecture practice; and
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Rendering Software.
You must demonstrate a passion for design excellence and innovation, be a strong communicator, and contribute eagerly. You must be highly motivated, organized, assertive, and willing to engage in the open and collaborative environment of the office. You must also be able to work independently, seek input, and ask for help from team members.
Please provide PDFs of your CV, portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing email@example.com
with the subject line “Intermediate Landscape Architect / Designer Position
”. Salary negotiable based on level of experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.