Intermediate Landscape Architect / Designer
MJMA is seeking an Intermediate Landscape Architect / Designer to join our growing 75-person studio. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about improving the public realm through environmentally and socially responsible design. Our landscape team plays an important role in developing a holistic approach to our community-based work, with a particular emphasis on parks, community centres, and campus/academic projects.
What You Will Do:
At MJMA, we focus on projects that advance personal and civic wellness; designing clear, bold, and responsible public spaces that strengthen communities and connect people. Our work environment is highly collaborative and dynamic, and we’re committed to fostering the professional growth of every studio member. MJMA’s Toronto-based practice fully integrates, Architecture, Landscape, Interiors, Environmental Graphic Design, and Community Engagement, with a common goal of delivering holistic design solutions.
What You Bring:
Working under the direction of the Senior Landscape Architect, you’ll work closely with Senior Leadership and project teams on the collaborative design and technical execution of landscape projects. This includes assisting in: planning; accessibility review; client presentations and submissions; and research into site-specific landscape strategies to maximize local ecological benefits.
- Work and collaborate closely with multiple project teams with strong organizational and communication skills;
- Participate in all design stages for integrated design practice, to develop solutions that support the conceptual direction of each project.
- Prepare municipal approvals drawings and tender drawing packages including construction details and specifications.
- Support the advancement of technical landscape solutions that centre accessibility and sustainability.
- Apply strong technical and detailing ability, knowledge of construction and construction administration experience as well as local standards
- Assist in preparation and production of design packages.
- A passion for design excellence and innovation with an eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work independently, and a willingness to learn from and support others.
- Graduate of a recognized professional landscape architecture program, A Degree/Diploma in Landscape Architecture/Design, or equivalent
- Two–three years of post-graduate work experience in Landscape architecture practice
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Rendering Software.
Please provide a PDF copy of your CV, portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Intermediate Landscape Architect / Designer Position
”. Salary negotiable based on level of experience. We thank all applicants for their interest—note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.
6-425 Adelaide Street West
Toronto Ontario M5V 3C1
Follow Us :
General Information & Business Development
©2023 MJMA. Website By Inorbital