Junior, Intern, or Intermediate Architect / Designer
MJMA Architecture & Design is continually developing the integration of its various disciplines—we believe holistic design is necessary to meet the complex needs of modern, diverse communities. We are looking to add Intern, Junior, and Intermediate Designers to our collaborative 75-person, interdisciplinary Toronto studio. Our studio incorporates Architecture, Interiors, Landscape Architecture, Graphic Design, and Public Engagement—working together to design clear, bold, and inclusive public spaces that strengthen communities and the environment.
Our practice is a collaborative and dynamic work environment, interested in pursuing innovation in social / inclusive programming, technological advancements, and sustainable leadership. We are committed to fostering a vibrant studio culture, creating a great place to work, and ensuring professional growth for every individual. We are currently operating in a flexible, hybrid office working model. If you are a creative and critical thinker with the confidence and curiosity to drive conceptual ideas to built form, we want to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
What You Bring:
- Participate and collaborate in project teams in conceptualizing, detailing, and documenting project development.
- Support preparation of community, stakeholder, and client presentations.
- Prepare architectural models and drawings using Revit, Enscape, Rhino, Dynamo, Grasshopper or other modelling software.
- Connect with the rich culture of our studio by participating in educational or mentorship opportunities, lunch and learns, lectures, social events and clubs, or within our many internal designs, technical, and social impact committees.
- In the process of or have completed an undergraduate or graduate program in architecture.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Strong user of modelling and presentation programs such as Rhino, SketchUp, Grasshopper, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Passion for innovation and excellence in all facets of design.
- Commitment to learning and strengthening technical abilities and understanding of how complex buildings are realized.
- Ability to self-direct, multi-task, collaborate and know when to ask questions.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, listening, graphic, technical.
- Like to have fun and not take yourself too seriously.
- Motivated by high-quality, inclusive, and sustainable architectural design.
MJMA provides flexibility for placement timeframes and start dates. We are a diverse and inclusive studio and encourage and promote people from all backgrounds to apply.
Please provide PDFs of your CV, portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Intern, Junior, or Intermediate Architect/Designer
”. Salary negotiable based on level of experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.
6-425 Adelaide Street West
Toronto Ontario M5V 3C1
Follow Us :
General Information & Business Development
©2022 MJMA. Website By Inorbital