Intermediate and Senior Interiors Architect
Are you interested in collaborating on the design of important community space that has strong social and environmental impact within a fun and vibrant interdisciplinary design studio?
MJMA is seeking both an Intermediate and Senior Interiors Architect
to join our growing 65-person multidisciplinary Toronto studio. Our need is for a strong creative and technical architect who is interested in the focus of interior spaces and details. MJMA is a highly successful interdisciplinary design studio, delivering unique and complex public projects that elevate the civic experience. Our projects are consistently recognized for achieving design excellence, high user satisfaction, and an elevation and strengthening of the communities they serve. Recipients of the 2016 RAIC Firm Award, our integrated design studio incorporates architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, interior design, digital practice, community engagement, and environmental graphic design, all aimed at delivering full service, holistic design solutions.
Our practice is a collaborative and dynamic work environment, interested in pursuing innovation in social / inclusive programming, technological advancements, and sustainable leadership. We are committed to fostering a vibrant studio culture, creating a great place to work, and to ensure professional growth for every individual.
Through the direction of our interiors-focused Partner, the candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the firm’s team of Interior Architects along with senior staff and each project team – the focus of the position is on the collaborative design and technical execution of projects – in order to successfully meet design intent and project goals.
We are interested in someone who is passionate for developing details with innovation, creativity, rigor, and independence while collaborating with and learning from others. Strong collaborative skills are critical and the desire to grow and learn is essential.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Work and collaborate closely with multiple project teams with strong organizational and communication skills;
- Participate in all design stages for our integrated design practice;
- Participate in client, community and consultant team meetings;
- Assist in preparation and production of design packages and presentation materials;
- Prepare drawings and tender drawing packages including construction details and specifications;
- Commitment to contemporary design and detailing, aligning with MJMA’s design sensibilities.
- Graduate of a recognized professional architecture program with a Degree in Architecture;
- Minimum five years of post-graduate work experience in an architecture practice; and
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Rendering Software.
You must demonstrate a passion for design excellence and innovation, be a strong communicator, and contribute eagerly. You must be highly motivated, organized, assertive, and willing to engage in the open and collaborative environment of the office. You must also be able to work independently, seek input, and ask for help from team members when needed.
For more information about us, visit our website www.mjma.ca
Please provide PDFs of CV, portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing email@example.com
with the subject line “Interiors Architect”
. Salary negotiable based on level of experience. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note however that only
those selected for interview will be contacted.