Interiors Architect / Interior Designer
MJMA is seeking an Interiors-Focused Architect
to join our growing 70-person interdisciplinary studio. We’re looking for architects who are passionate for developing interior spaces that support our mission to deliver elegant, simple, and sustainable civic spaces that achieve maximum social benefit and produce award winning solutions.
At MJMA, we focus on projects that advance personal and civic wellness; designing clear, bold, and responsible public spaces that strengthen communities and connect people. Our work environment is highly collaborative and dynamic, and we’re committed to fostering the professional growth of every studio member. MJMA’s Toronto-based practice fully integrates Architecture, Interiors, Landscape, Environmental Graphic Design, and Community Engagement, with a common goal of delivering holistic design solutions.
What You Will Do:
Working collaboratively under the direction of the Interior Design Partner, you’ll work closely with Senior Leadership and project teams to support: the development of interior architecture concepts; planning; accessibility review; client presentations; material board design and assembly; product research; office material library cataloguing; and preparation of detailed specifications and drawings.
What You Bring:
- Design Development of all project work and design phases. You will be collaborating in design charettes with the integrated studio of Architecture, Landscape, Environmental Graphics and Engagement.
- Model, sketch, and develop studies for concept options.
- Bring strong graphic, organizational, and communication skills for client presentations and reports.
- Assemble and design of interior finish boards.
- Apply applicable building codes and accessibility and technical standards for interiors.
- Assist in production and research development of outline specifications, systems and assemblies, and finish options.
- Assist in production of drawings, specifications, and contract deliverables using REVIT, and other modeling software.
- A passion for design excellence and innovation with an eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work independently, and a willingness to learn from and support others.
- Innovative, creative thinking to develop interior architecture
design solutions focused on simplicity, wellbeing, and sustainability.
- Post graduate work experience in an architectural practice.
- Revit, AutoCad, Rhino, Enscape, Sketch Up, Adobe, Rendering Software for quick studies.
- Member of OAA or ARIDO (licensed or Intern).
Please provide PDF copies of your CV, portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Interiors Architect / Designer Position
”. Salary negotiable based on level of experience. We thank all applicants for their interest—note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.
6-425 Adelaide Street West
Toronto Ontario M5V 3C1
Follow Us :
General Information & Business Development
©2024 MJMA. Website By Inorbital